Just like you have outfits for every occasion, wearing different fragrances according to the mood and event can also enhance your personality.
Here’s looking at scents that suit various events:
At a summer soiree:
During the hotter days, avoid heavier scents that can be overpowering, especially when they mix with body sweat. Go for invigorating fragrances like citrus.
Less is more’ should be the thumbrule when you apply perfume for work. Choose floral scents with fresh notes of mandarin or apricot.
For a date night:
Want to seduce your partner? Experiment with oriental, musky scents or sensual florals with deep background notes to add an element of mystery around you.
At family gatherings:
Choose an easy-to-wear scent that brings out a comfortable vibe, be it soft musks or a fragrance that has a touch of vanilla.
At formal parties:
Formal work parties or ballroom events mean sophistication, elegance and glamour. Try out woody, musk scents like spices, green pepper and blend it with floral notes of jasmine, amber and mirth.
Tips when buying and using a perfume:
- – Before buying, apply the perfume on your wrist to know the exact smell.
- – Don’t smell the perfume immediately after trying it out. Wait for five minutes and let it settle on your skin.
- – If you are trying perfumes, limit yourself to three scents. In between, smell coffee beans to be able differentiate between scents.
- – Do not expose your perfume bottle to extreme temperature and sunlight.
- – According to experts, using shower gel, body lotions and body sprays of the same fragrance as your perfume will help it to last longer.
- – Use your perfume as a highlight on your pulse points.