Our skin gets dark, dull and damaged due to exposure to sun, stress, dry skin, poor lifestyle habits and use of wrong cosmetics. To lighten the skin women across the globe spend fortune on lightening creams and treatments, but these treatments can have their own side effects.
From age’s lemons have been used as beauty ingredient by many women. Lemons are full of antioxidants and are rich in acidic acid, this makes work as an excellent skin lightener. The high content of Vitamin C in lemon helps in growth of new cells.
Using Lemons As Skin Lightener
1. Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and water and spray it on your skin to add an instant glow on your skin.
2. Dip cotton ball in lemon juice and rub it on your arms and legs. Leave it on for at one hour and wipe it off with cotton soaked in water. Use this remedy regularly to cleanse and lighten the skin.
3. Mix lemon juice with rose water and apply on face to cleanse and lighten the skin.
Using Lemons As Exfoliator
1. Mix lemon juice, cucumber juice, tomato juice and sandalwood paste in equal quantities and apply to skin and leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water and moisturise skin. This remedy will lighten your skin.
2. To combat dry skin mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon milk powder, 1 teaspoon honey and 2 drops of essential oil and apply to skin for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and moisturise.
3. Make lemon exfoliator by mixing 1 teaspoon lemon juice with 1 egg white, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Apply it to skin in circular motions and scrub off the dead skin. Let the scrub stay on your skin for 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water and apply moisturiser.